Some gypsums are characterized by a fast hardening and retarders are consequentely required in order to give the suitable working time.The workability of gypsum depends on a complex interplay of a variety of parameters such as the origin of the gypsum (natural or artificial), the kind and the amount of impurities, the production (calcination process and grinding conditions) and the amount of water with which the gypsum is mixed as well the preparation and the application.
Plastretard L- liquid retarder for Gypsum board application.
Advance of using this products:
- A more exact and predictable hydration point. This means you have superior control on the exact position of the knife point.
- Because Plast Retard L provides a certain amount of lubricity, you will get a reduction in the quantity of water needed in the pin mill (5 to 10 % reduction).
- The saving in water directly translates to a proportional saving in the drying cost.
- Reducing water 5 to 10% increases productivity of 5 to 10%.
- Plast Retard L is a more reliable cleaner inside the pin mill. You will see a reduction in little lumps and imperfections of gypsum, you will also enjoy a longer time running your line because there is a longer time between cleanings in the pin mill.